We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties
Retaining personal information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website)
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
Picture during events
Bhakti Marga France reserves the right to use your image during events as part of a group recording for a promotional film of Bhakti Marga France and only for this purpose for distribution on social networks, Internet and DVD. For individual interviews, Bhakti Marga France will ask for your signed permission beforehand.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We use only session cookies / only persistent cookies / both session and persistent cookies on our website.